FCI 2017 Film Festival
Festival Cinema Invisible is now accepting film submissions for its 2017 Film Festival held at Proctor’s GE Theater in Schenectady, New York.
Upstate New York-based Festival Cinema Invisible (FCI) is now accepting independent films for its 2-day festival (April 22 – 23, 2017) of Persian language and Middle Eastern films at Proctor’s GE Theater.
Festival Cinema Invisible is an independent, not-for-profit venue dedicated to celebration of Middle Eastern arts and cinema. FCI is seeking “invisible” films for its 2017 film festival. Filmmakers of Middle Eastern origin regardless of their place of residence, as well as filmmakers making films about topics or subject matter related to the Middle East are encouraged to submit their films. FCI does not charge an entry fee for submission. All films submitted will be reviewed by the selection committee.
The FCI website (cinemainvisible.org) cites several categories of Invisible Cinema including Hidden Cinema (where themes or ideas are hidden, however unconsciously, in the works of one or more filmmakers), Censored Cinema (where the film is not permitted to screen within its country of production), and Unseen Cinema which includes films that have been forgotten or ignored.
- Festival Cinema Invisible (FCI) is seeking feature films, documentaries, shorts and animated films coming from or about Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Libya, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE and Yemen. Filmmakers of Middle Eastern / North African descent living in other countries are encouraged to submit their works as well.
- The film submission period closes November 30, 2016.
- Filmmakers will be notified of the selection decision by January 31, 2017.
- The Festival will be held at Proctors GE Theater in Schenectady, New York on Saturday April 22nd and Sunday April 23rd 2017.
- Filmmakers are encouraged to submit their films online using either:
If you are unable to submit a film through either online submission platform, please email us at email@example.com to discuss other options for submission.
*Note: All submitted film(s) that are not English language must have English subtitles.
- FCI does not charge an entry fee for submission.
- FCI will not return submitted works so please do not send original materials.
- FCI cannot accept any film that is currently available to the general public online
- FCI cannot consider films received after the submission deadline.
By submitting the film for the festival, the applicant hereby warrants that she/he/they:
1. Has the legal right to submit the film to Festival Cinema Invisible 2017.
2. Owns and/or controls the film and all its parts.
3. Declares that film(s) submitted to FCI is free and clear of any and all litigations, commitments and obligations to other individuals and/or organizations and it does not breach the rights of any persons or entities.
4. Agrees that FCI reserves the right to present the film to available markets including the Festival Cinema Invisible 2017 and any “Best of FCI” 2017 rescreenings.
- ALL films submitted to FCI will be reviewed by the Programming Committee.
- If your film is selected for inclusion in the festival, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. Please send a press kit and an online link to your film after notification of acceptance.
- Selected titles will be posted on the FCI website (www.cinemainvisible.org) and the FCI Facebook page (www.facebook.com/FestivalCinemaInvisible) in mid-February 2017.
Festival Cinema Invisible 2017 will take place at Proctors GE Theater in Schenectady, New York April 22-23, 2017.